Precision Medicine: Identifying Targeted Cancer Treatments with Genomic Testing
Precision, or personalized, medicine has made a sea-change in cancer treatment. A pipe dream for most patients 10 years ago, it is a reality today. Precision Medicine's keystone is the ability to identify personal gene characteristics and match them to specific treatment options. This discussion will consider many questions surrounding precision medicine and targeted treatment, helping to answer:
- Genetic (germline) versus genomic (somatic) testing
- Who should get tested and for what?
- Getting tested and educating your doctor
- The pros and cons of testing
- Is gene testing affordable?
- What is an actionable mutation?
- How do actionable mutations impact treatment?
- Immunotherapy and personalized medicine
We have a knowledgeable panel of physicians, patients and patient advocates to help patients, caregivers and advocates understand precision medicine and targeted treatment.
CureTalks is an online Talk featuring a leading expert in conversation with a panel and the audience. The audience can ask questions from the panelists LIVE on the talk by dial-ing in. To hear the talk via phone or on-line, please add your email on the left; we will send you Live Talk access details. You can also write your questions in the Comments/Questions section below and your question maybe selected to be featured on the talk.